Now in its 33rd year, the University of British Columbia presents the Brave New Play Rites Festival, premiering twenty short plays at Studio 1398 on Granville Island.
We are seeking 32 actors for our Full Productions and 10 actors for our Staged Readings Series.
Actors will be paid an honorarium of $25.
Please note: we are only able to cast Non-Union actors.
• Sun Jan 13: Auditions - 13:00 to 19:00
• Mon Jan 14: More Auditions - 18:00 to 20:30
• Wed Jan 23: Casting Decisions Sent Out - 12:00
• Wed Jan 23 to Fri Mar 8: Full Productions rehearsals with actors, 10-20 hours total, and Production Team communications and rehearsal visits
• Sun Feb 10: Staged Reading Rehearsal - 12:00 to 17:00
• Sun Mar 03: Staged Reading Rehearsal - 12:00 to 17:00
• Sat Mar 9 to Sun Mar 10: Full Productions Technical Rehearsal
• Mon Mar 11: Full Productions Dress Schedule
• Tues Mar 12, Thur Mar 14, Sat Mar 16: Full Productions Program 1 at 7:30pm
• Wed Mar 13, Fri Mar 15, Sun Mar 17: Full Productions Program 2 at 7:30pm
• Sat Mar 16: Staged Readings Program 1 at 1:00pm
• Sun Mar 17: Staged Readings Program 2 at 1:00pm
• Mon Mar 18: Invoice Due
How to Apply:
• Email [email protected]
• Please include your name, phone number, a 50 word biography, headshot and curriculum vitae.
• Please put ‘AUDITION REQUEST’ in the email subject line.
If you are selected to audition, please:
• Prepare one contemporary monologue, less than two minutes.
• There will be many directors in attendance, please expect at least one redirect.
• Indicate your top two preferred audition time slots from the following four; Sun Jan 13 at 13:00-15:00, 15:00-17:00 or 17:00-19:00, or Mon Jan 14 at 18:00 to 21:00.
• Auditions will take place at the Brock Hall Annex, 1874 East Mall, on the UBC campus, in room 2363.
• You will be contacted beginning Thu Dec 27 to confirm your audition time slot.
• All are welcome to apply.
Due to the number of submissions, only those invited to audition will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- 2019 Production Team