CASTING CALL IN AUSTIN FOR AN INDIE FILM PRODUCTION. PAID. Seeking female talent for a proof-of-concept scene from THANKSGIVING 2006 (Working Title), a coming-of-age youtcomedy set at a Filipino family Thanksgiving in mid-2000s Southeast San Diego.
Filming Location: Austin, Texas
Shoot Date: Saturday, August 7, 2021
Compensation: Flat rate of $100 for a half day of shooting.
* Local to Austin preferred. Otherwise, must be located in Texas and able to travel to Austin for shooting. (Travel reimbursement can be offered.)
* Must be vaccinated. Specific health safety protocols will be followed by all cast and crew on set and may change in accordance with CDC guidance.
* The scene will primarily be used for pitching materials and crowdfunding, and will be sent to the casted talent upon final cut completion in late August.
LY (18-26 to play high school, Filipino): Tiny, boyish, brace-faced Ly is a girl on the verge of womanhood, a great romance, and her mom's permission to wear winged-eyeliner. But at Auntie Pinky's house, she's a shy young girl, good daughter, and model student on her best behavior. If she were being honest, though, she'd rather be talking to a certain someone on AIM and keeping up with everyone’s MySpace bulletins. Shy, sensitive, socially awkward, and observant. Stoned for the first time and therefore very paranoid.
Auditions will be self-taped and callbacks will be on Zoom. To submit, please email [email protected] with “Thanksgiving 2006 PoC Casting” in the subject line providing the following:
* City of residence
* Two recent photos (headshot and full body)
* Reel or recent work sample (not required but encouraged!)
If you are an initial fit, we will follow up with sides for a self-tape. You will need to submit BY END OF DAY SUNDAY, JULY 18TH, and you will hear back by Tuesday, July 20th if we decide to move you forward to Zoom auditions on Wednesday, July 21st through Friday, July 23rd. Thank you!
Kayla Abuda Galang (Writer, Director) is a second generation Filipina American making films rooted in nostalgia, music, and girlhood. Her most recent short film, Learning Tagalog With Kayla, premiered at SXSW and received the Audience Award in the Texas Shorts Competition. Her directorial works have also been official selections at Atlanta Film Festival, Aspen Shortsfest, and deadCenter Film Festival. She is based in Austin, Texas. Check out her work at https://www.kaylagalang.com/