Multiple roles available for a specific upcoming productions and dozens more for other productions being done by a respectful and high quality studio.
Roles Available For This Production:
* Lead: appearing to be a woman in her 20's, the trope is a bit of a "sexy lawyer" look with assertive attitude. She clearly would be obsessed with instagram follower counts if she wasn't so worried about her privacy.
* Ethnic Groups: We will be filming multiple versions of this story with different ethnicities.
* This is a 30 second short story, with a commercial purpose, written and produced directly by Pleasant Studios.
* The style is to simulate an impromptu social media post, as if shot from a phone.
* Lead has spoken lines.
* For examples of our awesome previous short stories, see paranoid.com/videos
Covid Related Notes:
* Casting will be contact-less, and done at significant distances (at least double the requirement). We will accommodate additional concerns. If weather permits, it may be done outdoors.
* For this role, it can be filmed at distances (does not require close proximity to another actor or crew member)
* If covid counts are elevated at time of filming, we may take additional measures for everyone's safety.
* In short, we are taking covid very seriously.
* All roles are paid. Reasonable travel costs would be covered.
* Auditions will be held both via video-conference and live in Edmonton until the ideal person is located.
* Filming will be in Edmonton, and consisting of 4 hours the week of October 26-31 (it can be YOUR choice of date and time within that range)
About The Work Environment And Auditions:
* Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
* We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (so long as it fits the part).
* Auditions are done efficiently, performers can expect very short wait times at auditions, aiming for less than 15 minutes.
* Seating available before audition, no standing line-ups.
* Typically auditions will be done in front of a green-screen with cameras running.
* Our productions are typically scripted by our own full-time professional writers and video edited by our own full-time, professional editors.
* Many productions are in the studio and green-screen, but some shoots will be on-location.
Overview of Future Casting Opportunities:
* Productions include many commercials for technology products, short films, multi-episode series, photo advertisements, and possibly a rare feature-length film. Currently all parts are on-camera.
* Respectful with zero nudity for all productions, and our scripts even avoid over-sexualized subject matter.
* Legitimate and paid: we know there are a lot of scams out there. These are legitimate performances: you get paid quickly, we don't request any money from you, and our studio is in a safe location.
* We are directly the production company, we are not agents and the intent is to hire for our own productions (although at times we may do referrals within the industry from our list)
* Award-winning productions are the aim, written by our multiple full-time studio writers and editing by our large full-time post-production team.
* Many productions will involved visual effects and some even involve full 3d animations with motion capture acting.
* Occasional opportunities to work with famous actors.
* Filming will range from hours to many days.
* Full hair and make-up support.
* The production crew is incredibly friendly.
* Applying to this position gets you on to the master list for all our casting calls. You will then be emailed only the casting calls that are a reasonable fit for you.
* All ages, races, shapes.
About The Company:
* Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
* We have just recently launched a studio for our own innovative video productions as well as client contracted productions, but we have also been an enterprise software services company since 2007.
* The studio team has won multiple awards already.
* We are the most advanced video studio in Western Canada. We might also be, although not fully confirmed, the largest capacity video marketing studio in Western Canada except for television and news stations.
* We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, electronics manufacturing, marketing services, and IT services.
* An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
* Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).