How to avoiding Scams?
The most common internet scams are people offering your a job that pays you in advance in the form of check. After you receive the check, the recruiter would then ask for you to send a portion back as a refund or ask you to pay somebody else they claim they have to pay.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
- Do not send money to any soul.
- Beware of any offers that is too good to be true. It's okay to be suspicious.
- Never wire funds or Western Union. This is a commong scam tactic.
- Don't accept checks and/or money orders becuase it will most likely bounce and banks will hold you responsible.
- Never give out your financial information like passport number, bank account, social security, paypal account, driver's license etc.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have the employer face to face.