Gumboot Kids, a children’s brand promoting a love of nature, is producing a live musical show and is seeking a mascot performer. The ideal candidate should be comfortable in enclosed costumes/masks, love interacting with children, perform basic dance steps, and be able to travel if needed. The project is non-union and will involve workshops from April 17th – May 5th, 2023. The compensation is $25/hour rehearsal fee and $35/hour performance fee, with a minimum 4 hour call.
Gumboot Kids, based on the popular television series on CBC Kids, is producing a live musical show, and we’re looking for someone to join us as a MASCOT PERFORMER.
Gumboot Kids is children’s brand that fosters a love of nature, because children who develop a connection with nature grow up to be happier, healthier and better stewards of our planet. The Gumboot Kids’ Musical will be targeted to families, with a focus on pre-schoolers and primary-grade children.
We’re looking for someone who is:
– Comfortable in enclosed costumes / masks
– Loves acting and interacting with children, with good sense of comedic timing and mime
– Able to perform basic dance steps
– Able to interact with children during meet & greets
– Is a team player, able to assist with set-up / strike, as needed
– Is able to pass a criminal record check for vulnerable populations
– Is open to travel, as needed
– BC Class 5 Driver’s License, preferred
– Based in the Metro Vancouver area, preferred
– Non-union project
– We are looking to workshop the musical from approximately April 17th – May 5th, 2023. This will involve approx. 2 – 5 sessions.
COMPENSATION: $25/hour rehearsal fee. $35/hour performance fee. Minimum 4 hour call.